- bad blood
- nouna feeling of ill will arousing active hostility
* * *noun
bad blood existing between Beaver Island Mormons and mainland fishermen — American Guide Series: Michigan
* * *unfriendly or hostile relations; enmity; hostility; animosity: When the territory was being settled there was bad blood between the farmers and the ranchers.[1815-25]
* * *bad blood nounAngry or hostile feeling (also bad feeling)• • •Main Entry: ↑bad
* * *bad blood UK US noun [uncountable]angry feelings that people still have towards each other because of something that happened in the pastThesaurus: anger and annoyancesynonym
* * *bad blood,very unfriendly feeling; hatred: »
There was bad blood between Cain and Abel. Bad blood between key lawmakers will keep Congress roiled up for months (Wall Street Journal).
* * *n. ill feeling
there has always been bad blood between these families
* * *noun [noncount]: feelings of dislike between two people or groups
There's been a lot of bad blood between them since their quarrel.
Useful english dictionary. 2012.